Thursday 25 June 2009

5th Sotret (accutane) month

So on June 20th I started my 5th month on the isotretinoin treatment. I have talked to my dermatologist and she said to keep taking Sotret 30mg per day until July 1st. Then I will lower the dosage to 20mg. And after finishing my Sotret medication, I will start taking Accutane (as you may already know, sotret is not made anymore).

The best part: my skin has improved! Still have the scars, but just a pimple per week (and getting away after a couple of days) is excellent at the moment! I hope I won't have any new breakouts. So the results worth waiting for 5 months (at least in my case).

I haven't noticed any new side effects, except that my fingers started peeling because of the dehydratation. Not a big deal, though.

5 comments:

  1. Ive been taking Sotret 5 months now and my skin is much better than before. Hope you will notice great improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to begin taking Sotret on April 26th, I have a very important wedding to go to on May 10th- will I have a bad initial breakout?!

    Also.. I am a drinker- 2-3 days a week, most often mild but maybe indulge too much once or twice a week. Ordinarily I'd just stop for the 6 months but I'm taking a three month Bahamas vacation (yay!) so I know for a fact I'll be drinking while there. Will I be ok with the Sotret? Maybe I shouldn't take it right now?

    It' my last resort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about to begin taking Sotret on April 26th, I have a very important wedding to go to on May 10th- will I have a bad initial breakout?!

    Also.. I am a drinker- 2-3 days a week, most often mild but maybe indulge too much once or twice a week. Ordinarily I'd just stop for the 6 months but I'm taking a three month Bahamas vacation (yay!) so I know for a fact I'll be drinking while there. Will I be ok with the Sotret? Maybe I shouldn't take it right now?

    It' my last resort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's kinda late for a reply, but I'll do it anyway. I and many others have experienced sotret or accutane initial breakouts. So most probably you should be prepared for them.

    Also, drinking does not help. Your liver is already very busy processing the isotretinoin substance, so you should avoid drinking alcohol as much as possible. Having a glass every once in a while is okay, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete