Saturday 25 April 2009

My 2nd month's on sotret (accutane) doctor visit

As I mentioned in this post, I had to visit my doctor. The important facts:
  • She prescribed the pills for the next month and said that I am doing better since my last visit (which took place 3 weeks ago). I can't argue with that, she's right :D.
  • I told her about my recent breakout and she said that it is absolutely normal. It could happen without me taking Sotret, but while on treatment, it will cure faster and better. However, the point is: you shouldn't worry if you notice an erruption while taking the pills (the brand doesn't matter). It is normal.
  • First, the doctor thought that I am ready to decrease the amount (40mg/day), but she decided me to continue like this for 2 more weeks and to go see her again.
  • I asked her when do people usually see the effects of this treatment and she responded that it takes up to 4-6 months to see some important results. So be patient! :)
  • From time to time, you are allowed to drink alcohol, but don't exaggerate. Otherwise, your liver may not feel good. The same thing for fatty food: don't exaggerate!
  • Avoid sun exposure! For those like me who are on the treatment on this time of year it's kinda difficult, but it's not impossible. Wear caps/hats and avoid walking in sunny areas.
I think these are the most important things I discussed with my doctor. No side effects appeared beside the ones I already mentioned before. Feel free to ask anything and hang around. New posts will come!

2 comments:

  1. I also have 2 months with sotret now. I can see some slightly differences, but that's all. I hope for better facts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best would be not to mix sotret with alcohol. Or any drug that contains isotretinoin with alcohol. Your liver can't take that much.

    ReplyDelete